Monday, May 30, 2005

Chug-a-long

Chug-a-long

I had an interesting converation with an interesting duo yesterday, on a local train that sped its way at a moderate pace from Bandra to Charni Road. It was about people and being shallow and being drama queens and even whiners. So, as the theory goes:

Character 1: Deep down, all of us are shallow.

Me: Hear, hear!

Character 2: Shallow, I tell you!

Character 2: Hear, hear!

Me: But I thought, deep down, we're all drama queens.

Character 1: No, no. That's a layer below 'shallow'. Deep down we're all shallow, and then we're all DQs.

Character 2, scratching head: So, that's 'deeper down'?

Me: D-uh!

Character 2: O, I get that theory. That's a smart theory.

Character 1, pleased as punch: I must patent it.

Me, maniacal gleam in eye: We'll all be rich!

Me, slightly confused: Hold on -

Me, confusion levels mounting: But, what about being whiners? Do you whine? I whine.

Me, proud now: I whine a lot!

Character 1 and Character 2 look bug-eyed at me.

Character 2: That could also be a layer.

Character 1: Between 'shallow' and 'DQ'.

Me: Scratch the surface?

Character 2: Yes, yes. First, there's 'shallow'; then there's "OMG!!! Why am I shallow???!!!" That's the 'whiner'...

Character 1, triumphant: And then there's "OMG!!! This always happens to ME!!!" That's DQ.

Me, confusion replaced by maniacal gleam again: We really must patent this now!

Train lumbers on.

No comments: