Friday, May 06, 2005

Standing In

Standing In

The idea behind finding a lover is very, very selfish indeed. I'm not telling you anything new. What's it primarily for? Well, let's be unsentimental, honest and tell it like it is: time-pass.

Yes, I want to go to a move hall and touch fingers in the dark.

Yes, I want to go to a restaurant and sip red wine together.

Yes, I want to come home at night from work, and collapse in bed with my very own Don Juan.

Time-pass.

So, when you don't have a lover, friends become very important. It's despicable, in a sense, but very, very true again. When you want to go to party and don't know who with, you search your directory. 'Hey - watcha up to? Fancy a coffee?' What you're actually dying to do is catch a mocha with a special someone, but hell, since that's not really happening any time soon, you don't mind bitching about that other queen who lives in Andheri and has a face like a pug's.

It's heathy, therapeautic, and so lovingly, time-pass.

But I'm confused now - who exactly is a stand-in for who? Lover, friend or alter-ego?

No comments: