Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Different kind of strangers...

Different kind of strangers...

Was listening to this song this evening, and I stopped doing what I was upto for awhile. It's a beautiful song, talking about serendipity (which, by the way, happens to be one of my favourite movies!), talking about inflamed attraction, and of course I had to think about how it all happens for us in the gay world. I've had my fair share of one night stands, I've forgotten my share of one night stands. ;-) And it's strange to think that I found my Boy through one such episode which refused to remain relegated to the ONS status. So, this one goes out to Boy then -

Strangers in the night, exchanging glances,
Wondering in the night
What were the chances we'd be sharing love
Before the night was through.

Something in your eyes was so inviting,
Something in your smile was so exciting,
Something in my heart
Told me I must have you.

Strangers in the night, two lonely people,
We were strangers in the night
Up to the moment
When we said our first hello.
Little did we know
Love was just a glance away,
A warm embracing dance away, and -

Ever since that night weve been together.
Lovers at first sight, in love forever.
It turned out so right,
For strangers in the night.
- Frank Sinatra

It's funny, because Boy and my 'song' is a very corny 'Stranger is Danger'. *shy grin*

****

On another, less pleasant note, I received an sms from another stranger, My First Ex, wishing me happy birthday. I was surprised, but messaged back a thank-you, and asked him how he'd found out. The ass replied, 'I don't forget the birthdays of certain special people'. I cursed him in my head and aloud (to my surprised Flatmate), and messaged back a terse 'nice for you, but am horrible with dates myself'. And to my supreme surprise and indignation, the response I received was a 'Was missing you all day yesterday and then realised that it was your birthday, so I messaged you'.

Given my history with this guy, I'm astonished at his gall. Maybe I really should have confronted him on what he'd done to me, and seen the little asshole squirm in his pants. I'm not sure what he's playing at - he'd called me, about a month back, just making 'small talk', talking about how he missed me and all that crap. Some people are beyond help. Beyond pity. Yet, not beyond scorn.

No comments: