Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It's Raining Men...!

It's Raining Men...!

Some time back, it was the season for long distance relationships, and then earlier this month, it was the season for break-ups, as two close friends and I found ourselves single again. And suddenly, post break-up, it seems to be the season of new encounters and new men.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some weeks back, during the phase of utter uncertainty as far as Boy and I were concerned, I happened to catch the eye of a very cute guy on the dance floor of a GB party. There was instant attraction, and we met the following day for coffee - just coffee. And as we talked, I wondered to myself how perfect he seemed - how well put-together, how cute, how smart, how sexy, and how very much connected to Bombay, unlike a certain long distance (ex) boyfriend. Since the break-up, I've wondered about him again, and we've planned a date soon. I'm intrigued and interested in him - my first official date after the break-up.

And then, on Christmas eve, I bumped into the Cute Doc again. As usual, we got along famously, we boogeyed on the dance floor, we joked about stilly stuff, we exchanged notes on the GRE exam. And as I was a bit tipsy, after one steamy dance ended, I followed him inside the loo, pushed him up against the wall and kissed him. While it felt nice to remember the old flames - "Nostalgia", he said raspily, after I got my tongue out of his mouth - I thought to myself: why on earth have we never dated? The first time Cute Doc and I met, we got along so well and had such great chemistry, we headed to my place for fun - we never had the conventional date. So this time around, a couple days after the party, I called and asked him out - for a proper date. When I was done with my fumbling, he happily accepted, and we're on track for some time later this week.

And finally there's the man from TinselTown, who I met online at a chat room. Older, yes. But also cute and smart. We've both recently stepped out from relationships, and he joked that we must bitch about our exes when we get together. That was his way of asking me out on a date. So I said yes, and we should catch up later this week, or early the next.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When I told SnowWhite's Stepmother this afternoon over lunch that I was going to play the field now, and not get hung up on any one guy till I knew where I was going, he replied, "When have you not played the field?"

But that's not really right here. I may have been seeing a lot of guys for sex (hell, there's this married guy I know who's arranging some group sex next week!) but I haven't really dated men at the same time. Not since my stint in Delhi, and that was way too complicated for words! This time, though, I've reasoned:

1. Cute Party Guy may be gorgeous and I may have kept in touch with him all this while, but at the end of the day, we've just had one proper date, so there's nothing exclusive here, really, and I can do what I want, when I'm not seeing him.

2. Cute Doc is sweet and great, but hell, it's probably just going to be a great momentary fling, since I'm planning to study abroad, so there's no reason why he should complain.

3. TinselTown man may be nice too, but what the hell, everyone dates simultaneously... at least until they're sure of what or who they want.

And I'm not sure. I thought I was, at one point of time, but then not anymore. So it's up to me then, to just... play my way around, feel around the crevices and make up my mind. It's raining men right now, or so it seems, and for once I don't mind getting soaked!

No comments: