Friday, May 04, 2007

In The House...

In The House...

OK, so the melodrama of the last post didn't really last long, but I've just been lazy, and would also be lying if I didn't admit it was some fun seeing Shrek (that's my name for him now) at the receiving end of some judging for a change - even if it was in the comments section! :)

Shrek calls me and apologizes for his 'over-reaction', and me being the sweetheart that I am (shut up, infidels), I acquiesced. So yes, we're back on track, and I suppose now's a good time as any to talk about him. I'm not sure whether he still reads this space, but honestly speaking, I don't really give a fig anymore. I'm probably going to sound mushy-gooey here, but hey, he's a Big Boy and can handle some pansy reactions, right? Ummm...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, yes, I met Shrek online and discovered he knows two friends of mine. My first impression of him: Arrogant Prick. But we somehow kept on chatting, taunting and baiting each other with semi-insults and the like, and I'm not sure how, but that kinda felt nice. Gosh, I feel like I'm reading out the script of a 80's Hindi film here, a la Dil or some rot, and here I am the masochist maniac who feels good flirting when there's a healthy dose of bitchiness involved - niiiice!

Getting back to the point, I'm seeing this guy currently, and it feels kinda good. *blush*

***

In unrelated news, I finally found myself a place. So the saga that began with me bemoaning my fate as a rent boy (*grin*) and hating brokers and landlords has finally culminated with me playing the role of the goody-goody Paying Guest for some Sindhi people in a nice little suburb.

So many places to gasp back there. Paying Guest. Sindhi. Suburb. *sigh*

Aa, but it's really not all that bad. Once again, the entire gay thing works at an advantage here, as the landlords are totally fine with me having guys over, though they frown at the thought of gals. I have my own room, it's practically cut off from the rest of the household, so even though I'm a PG, I don't foresee any predicament in my love life.

Next on the list - Sindhi. O yes, the old man started griping about my luggage pieces and electricity consumption as soon as I moved in, but the broker shut him up, and he's now behaving in a quite civilized fashion. Though it's a bit freaky that, the other day, I came back into my room after taking a shower and realized that someone must have come in and switched the fan off. O well...!

And finally... suburb. Yep, no longer a Townie am I. But despite all the erosion of Snooty Address Values, it's really a nice place. A clean, green suburb, a nice leafy lane, a swanky apartment building, a fifth floor nest with a balcony to myself, and it's really not too bad being a suburbanite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

O gosh, the bed has sun mica panels, though!

No comments: