Friday, May 18, 2007

Pre-Sunday Song: Surprisingly Good For You

Pre-Sunday Song: Surprisingly Good For You

Was watching Evita the other night, and the music refuses to leave me since then. Madonna is... ethereal.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And, somehow, this song speaks to me. So much of what I'd like to say to the right person, when he comes along. :)

It seems crazy, but you must believe
There's nothing calculated, nothing planned...
Please forgive me if I seem naive,
I would never want to force your hand...
But please understand, I'd be good for you...

I don't always rush in like this,
Twenty seconds after saying hello...
Telling strangers I'm too good to miss...
If I'm wrong I hope you'll tell me so.
But you really should know, I'd be good for you,
I'd be surprisingly good for you

I won't go on if I'm boring you,
But do you understand my point of view?
Do you like what you hear, what you see,
And would you be, good for me too?

I'm not talking of a hurried night,
A frantic tumble then a shy goodbye,
Creeping home before it gets too light...
That's not the reason that I caught your eye,
Which has to imply, I'd be good for you...
I'd be surprisingly good for you...

No comments: