Friday, June 20, 2008

Weight and watch

Alright then, so I've bitched here before about my propensity to gain weight unless I check my food intake and exercise regimen. But the thing is, I have a tendency to fall of the wagon, so to speak. Took an online quiz sometime last year that proclaimed I was one of the sad individuals who would forever be fighting to maintain their weight. *sigh* Such a tragedy for a cute gay boy like me. :( And though the boyfriend is terribly sweet to say he doesn't really care, somewhere there's that lost bit of Gay Thin Pride that's resurgent....

So, here I go again.

Photobucket

Realized the other night, that a large part of my keeping-trim strategy back in Bombay was thanks to the don't-give-a-damn nights of dancing at least once a week. And now that I'm this stick-in-the-mud academic who's up to his eyeballs in "Participatory Development..." and not really boogeying his way, it's no wonder that those ole skinny jeans are presenting an obstacle these days. *sigh* O, and the other thought was that, single boys get way more exercise than doubletons do - it's all that wham-bam-gimme-more-sam sex that Single Me used to have in those days that burnt up sooo many calories. Calorific sex doesn't happen quite as much, what with my being able to catch Irish Coffee only over the weekends! *double sigh*

It's like a curse, something like what supposedly happens to those Punjabi women after marriage. They have babies and eat a lot of dal makhni, and get fat. Gay academics don't have as much sex or dance as much as they did, and get fat. The sheer tragedy of it all.

(Can you believe I actually couldn't find a single pic of a "fat Punjabi woman" online to post at this spot, after hunting Google images for forty-fuckin-five minutes?! Damn Ekta Kapoor and her stereotype-busting, exercycle-running Punjabi bahus!)

But now, I'm on a Mission. Renewed my pledge to take my PHAT plan seriously, and really hit the exercise mats. No more fries with that burger. Get rid of the burger altogether, in fact. No more popcorn in the movie hall. Cereal in the morning - only, and no sugar. Lean chicken breast sandwich. Buy loads of those Lean Cuisine meals. Make sure to walk everyday. Buffets are bad, and sit-ups are sexy. Learn the new mantra. Dance everyday. Even if I'm the nerd who dances in the bedroom.

... O, and with the boyfriend due to return from his sister's place tonight, I can look forward to some calorie-burning sex, too! :)

No comments: