Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fast and furious!

Fast and furious!

This is an entry that depends on the feedback I get from my discerning readers/voyeurs, and it will influence a decision that I may/ may not make. I've been asked to do something, by a friend, that I've always thought of as very silly, quite desperate, and very deserving of the LOSAH tag on a forehead.

But now... I'm actually considering it.

There are reasons for this:

1) My friend will also be doing it.

2) My friend says, don't go with any expectations - just do it for the fun and the experience!

3) My friend says, I'll meet a lot of nice (hopefully) people, who may simply be there for the experience - like me - and they'll be at their most natural self, in the morning.

4) There's a supposedly fabulous lunch buffet at Rs 250 per head.

And now, we come to what the decision is:

On Sunday, GB is organising a Speed-date thingy, the third such event it has had in Bombay. What happens is this: twenty guys face each other, and have three minutes with each other to ask questions etc... at the end of the full time, if any of them have expressed mutual interest, GB gives their numbers to each other. Simple. Precise.

And then, there are the cons:

a) It sounds soooooo desparate. Heaven forbid should any of Nature Boy's friends see it!

b) Are all the guys going to come up and ask, "have place? have sex?" Yuck!

And I have to wonder: why the fuck am I doing this? For a fling, I tell myself. And for fun. So far, I'm actually 75% in favour of it... mainly due to the fact that I'll have another bakra friend in the ring.

So, now... the circus ring is open: tell me your suggestions. Help CT win the game.

No comments: