Sunday, September 10, 2006

Playing Second Fiddle Today

Playing Second Fiddle Today

Saw a neat post over at Chimneypot's, and I thought I'd reproduce it here. That's the closest I come to reproduction of any kind. Haha - sad joke, fine, stick your tongue back in now, and read:

I don't know you and you don't know me, but honey I know what you like to drink when you are feeling sad, I know where you like to walk when you are thinking, I know how you love the way a new book smells, I know you spent whole of yesterday reading your ex boyfriend's mails..I know it all..and I don't own a pair of binoculars, I don't stalk you (literally), but I know it all, because I read your blog baby.

Confused? Well here eat this.. X met her love on the internet on ICQ and then the conversations between X and Y flourished on MSN and Yahoo, they broke up a year later of actually meeting each other and helping many restaurants and hotels in Mumbai with their business.

They broke up on an MSN chat window that was supported by meebo.com, since X's office space did not allow messenger services directly. When X and Y both logged onto Orkut, they had their profiles listed with relationship status at 'single', soon Y was 'committed' but X could not believe that her lover was now sending 'smoochie' emoticons to someone else. X then started tracking Y's blog and comments on blog posts everyday, and found out that Z was Y's new love interest.

X also read Z's blog everyday, and even went through different scraps left on Z's orkut profile in this way X knew what Z liked in terms of colours, food, books, films etc. X also found out where Z worked and it was an information overdose and it fed X's jealousy to new dizzying blogger login heights.

All this drama took place in front of a computer screen, the lives of X, Y and Z and a few IP adress routes marked out, it was all a stage, the innocent computer screen. X then took on a new identity and started chatting with Z's friends and got friendly without actually meeting them, and asked about Z and knew even more interesting details like Z's past.
All this in a matter of weeks.

X knew when Y and Z were having a fight and that is when X would send out cute mails to Y in a hope that Y would realise that Z was not the right person, and that X always loved him more than any number of Zs every would.

Did it work out? Well, all this and more in the next edition of Bloggly wise.

Blogs are the key instruments in this whole drama, where online diaries give out so many clues that you could know everyone anywhere in the world. It is all about using the words right, and then again, as the famous line from Spiderman, 'With a lot of power comes a lot of responsibility'. Where does networking leave you and me? Am I X? or are you Z? But you know what..I know what you did last night, and the night before that because (thanks to orkut and blogger.com) Baby! I am your eye in the sky.

Comments/ Opinions/ Real life stories to share/ All of the Sideways?

No comments: