Monday, October 03, 2005

Disastrous Date No. XXX

Disastrous Date No. XXX

So, I'm supposed to meet a guy with a first name that makes my first thought go GUJJU! ;-) But, he says he's Punjabi, and I've never been the ethnic cleansing kind of fanatic, and he seems like a really fun guy on chat, so I decide to meet him. We're supposed to see The Grudge together. It's a throwback to the good ole repressed gay days of loving Buffy.

And Xander (aka Nicholas Brendon). ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Date is horrendous, however. Cute boy in picture turns out to be tall and skinny with a long nose and a nasal voice and teeth that look utterly desicrated. I can't believe human beings have teeth like that.. especially since my own pearly whites are... well... it must be said... perfect.

*beams a smile at you*

And the hair. Didn't fringes go out of fashion ages ago? Especially when it's teamed up with a (ROTFWL) mushroom cut?! Welcome to the era of New Kids On The Block and All Sorts Of Strange Creatures.

To make matters worse: he's talkative. And sarcastic. He starts attacking me within five minutes of meeting him. So, I tend to to go silent by then. The tickets have already been bought, and I'm hoping The Grudge is paisa vasool. It turns out to scare the living shit out of me, and I can't help wishing I was sitting next to a six foot two stud with green eyes and beautiful lashes and beautiful teeth, whom I could clutch onto. Then kiss in the darkness, even...

Poof. Dream ends.

O well, Gujju-name-boy was nice, though. He let me listen to songs on his i-pod, in the train. However, when he declared in the ricky, o so ceremoniously, that it was time to review how the date had gone, I could not remain kind. I said, there was a complete lack of chemistry, and it had been nice meeting him. Then, I shook his hand, and patted his knee, and scampered out of the ricky to Subways.

I had a nice big Italian BMT sandwich. Some meat is better than none.

No comments: