Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Just peachy!

Just peachy!

There's a new cream on the block, called Fair and Handsome. Hehehehehe... it's targeted at men, and it's the 'male' version of the infamous Fair and Lovely. Honestly, I don't know why on earth they would need a 'male' version in the first place... I mean, how different is it from the 'female' version? Use of pheromones, perhaps? Boggles the mind.

Was seeing the ad of the product this evening on TV, and my roomie was quite horrified! Apparently, the woman has banned all fairness creams in her own house, especially since her seventeen-year old brother expressed his desire to smear some on. She watched the ad, and screamed out, that though she was glad the fairness cream thingy was becoming 'asexual', it was probably going to be used by gay men only!

Gross miscalculation.

I suspect: we're going to have Punjabi mundas wanting to get creamier, and dark Tams getting fairer, and even some errant Bongs who would like to try some of the wonder cream. I mean, let's face it. So many of those Punjabi mundas, Tams and Bongs have been using their mums' and sisters' fairness creams forver, before F&H came out. The world likes to look beautiful, and let's not club this as an exclusively 'gay' thing. My straight ex-roomie used some kind of strawberry flavoured cream for his face. I use a scrub at times, when I'm not tooooo lazy. The mantra is to look good.

Gay, or otherwise.

Personally, though, I prefer my own coffee flavour. Peaches and cream sounds like a good ice cream flavour, but not mcuh good for much else.

;-)

No comments: