Thursday, October 20, 2005

Some things stupid

Some things stupid

This is one of my favourite songs, I realised this evening. I came back home after dinner (with a relative, so don't worry, the Pact still holds), and then I switched on one of the CDs I'd bought at the Music sale two weeks back... and I heard the song twice. I plan to listen to it again, before going to bed.

;-)

It's actually a terrible song. When you come to think of it. It's a song about saying the wrong things, even though you're desperately trying to say and do the right things. It's about... the same old things and the new things that scare you so desperately. Any gay person will read the lyrics and ponder about how true it is about life in the Rainbow circle... But... I love the tune. I love the way it goes. I love the croon.

Hehehehe...

I know I stand in line, until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance, I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me

And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: "I love you"

I can see it in your eyes, that you despise the same old lies
You heard the night before
And though it's just a line to you, for me it's true
It never seemed so right before

I practice every day to find some clever lines to say
To make the meaning come through
But then I think I'll wait until the evening gets late
And I'm alone with you

The time is right your perfume fills my head, the stars get red
And oh the night's so blue
And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: "I love you."

And, o yes, I love both Frank Sinatra and Robbie Williams. Robbie, a bit more, but then you'd hardly blame me for that.

No comments: