Tuesday, October 25, 2005

One night in Wonderland

One night in Wonderland

So I was down four shots of black rum - neat - and was swinging to Kylie's Spinnin Around, while inspecting myself in the full length mirror at home. The party hadn't even started, but it was clear that this was going to be a fun night.

Shiny disco balls!

CT enters rocking club with scores of cocky young men, pun intended, cradling their drinks, and chhammak-chhalo-ing to Kareena Kapoor film remixes. Orders a rum and coke - black, of course - when he gets a message from Mumbai EXpress No 1. You're looking hot tonight, and I turn around to flash a grin. Of course he's got a boyfriend now, and I'm playing Vishwamitra these days, but it's a GB party and I'm feeling like the devil tonight. So I smile and I dance and lick his ear. I'm evil, if no one ever told you that before. Old Friend Who Clings Around Too Much also came by, but I gave him the cold shoulder for the EX.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Also spotted: Seemingly Shy Broadcast Babe behind a pillar. SSBB had a one night stand with a dear friend (who owes me a sundae at Baskin Robbins) some time back, which ended in a comic affair, and I decided to try my luck with him. So I smiled, and said what's up tonight?, and he smiled back, and asked me how I was doing. Boringly mundane, so I decide he's not worth a long drawn-out conversation, when I spot Newspaper Baron. The Baron is down from Delhi, and was always good for a fun night out (and in) during my slut days, so I amble over and say hi to him. Grabs my ass, but I push myself out of reach, laugh and tell him, I'll see ya around.

That's when I bump into M, a cute li'l twenty-four year old. M was sweet to me, as always, but I'm playing the role of the ascetic these days, so bonking twenty-year old cuties is not in my time table. Sigh... Just when I think I should change my modus operandi, and go bite M on his neck, I spot the Gup Shup Boy.

Gup Shup is this absolute sweetheart I met through gay decorator/designer, who's not at all bitchy like d/d is. So we shared a couple of drinks, wondered who the bonkable ones were in the room, and that's when d/d shows up, in tow with AirBoy and Malabar Hill Dunce.

Air Boy is a mutual friend of both d/d and Gup Shup, so I'm obliged to be nice to him - he's this typical Punju flight attendant boy who wings his way across continents, the kind who every gay man would like to screw, simply because of the 'air steward' tag. MHD is just that - a dunce. he's got rich parents, multiple houses in Malabar Hill and Lokhandwalla and Zurich, and typifies the dumb flight attendant stereotype. He's horny to boot, and tries much too hard.

Yes, yes, I'm evil, I know.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Let the dance begin! Nature Boy shows up, looking cute in a tshirt (thank god he's shaved off that hideous beard!), and I see Traveler From Zurich, whom both he and I chatted up on gay.com ages ago. NB slept with him, though, and I leered at him tonight. But then, I couldn't leer too long, because Cute Doc comes by with Andhra Doc right then. Both of them, divine, and soon the three of us are in a circle dance jhatka with M. Andhra Doc has heard from M that I'm great in bed and says so to my face, while M reddens in embarassment, and I take that as my cue to walk out of the quadruple.

And that's when I stop in my tracks.

CT spots Beret Boy. Should I say cute again, or is it expected? French beard. Smiling eyes. Red tshirt. Great dancer. Black Beret. CT smiles. And before he knows what he's doing, he walks over to him, wears his Beret, and tells him I don't know you from Adam, but the hat's cute. He smiles, he understands, and we dance together. Not for a very long time, because I'm thirsty, so I touch his forearm, and melt away into the crowd. I'll meet him again, sometime... sometime.

Exhausted, but happy. Soooo happy.

PS: The Dance Diva of the Night Award goes unanimously to Gup Shup. That boy has zoom! ;-)

No comments: